Well I was super lucky and got to have 3 birthday parties this year!
First I went camping with a few of my friends on the Friday before my birthday. Yes, 4 girls camping and we had a blast. We just had a simple dinner with sandwiches and veges and chips and probably other things too. Then I made a peach/raspberry cobbler (simply the best ever). For breakfast Lindsay made us this amazing breakfast in the dutch oven with hashbrowns, eggs, cheese and some bacon I believe. Perfect for a cold morning. The boy scouts who were camped next to us shared some of their corn-on-the-cob and dutch oven pizza with us. It was very kind of them. Because we are amazing campers, we were even able to start our own fire! (although we did have a little help from a fire starter) Thanks Natasha, Christine and Lindsay!
Birthday Bash #2: My best friend Robin always makes me dinner and a birthday cake for my birthday and I spend the night at her house on the Saturday before my birthday. This year she made me Cafe Rio salad, it was so good (it was even healthy, well mostly)! And then she made this amazing cake that was basically a giant mint oreo cake. It was so rich I could barely eat one piece, but it was to die for! Thanks Robin!
You would be grinning too if you were about to eat this cake!
Another birthday wish about to come true.
Birthday Bash #3: The actual birthday!
I went out to dinner with some friends and then Christine and Annie bought me an ice cream cake (yeah, it was a sugar crazy weekend!) Once again, it was so amazing! Then I went to FHE and we watch Goonies (not the movie I wanted to watch, but it was still fun)! All in all, it was a great weekend. Thanks everybody who contributed and attended the festivities!
Oh, and for my birthday I asked my family to go in with me on this DVD set that I have been wanting, it is called "The Elizabeth Gaskell Collection". For anybody who has not seen North and South (not the one about the Civil War), Wives and Daughters, or Cranford, you must see. But that is a post for later, if I have time!)
5 comments:
Glad you had a wonderful birthday, daughter of mine. You have wonderful friends and a wonderful family as well! Love you!!!!
Hmmm, I seem to remember doing something for your birthday too, but that's ok... HA HA! I'll never get into your blog. Sigh.
Oh, I forgot to put the massage on here!! That is of course blog worthy, I just didn't have any pictures, so I forgot to put it on! I will blog all about it next! :) see you will make it on. That almost cancels out the comment that you made about my needing some cats.
I love how your birthday included so much delicious food! Now that is what makes a fabulous birthday. I'm glad it was such a good one.
I'm glad you had such a great birthday. I'm sorry I didn't call you. I thought about it all day the day before your b-day and then I kinda forget the next day! Oops!! I hope you can forgive me!! :0) Love you!
Post a Comment