The day after new years I went sledding with some friends at one of their cabins. Well the cabin community is very kind and they plow the roads down and leave just enough snow on the road so people can go sledding down the road. Now mind you, this is a very twisty turny road and quite steep since it is going up a mountain. Also keep in mind that I haven't gone sledding for a couple of years. So we went to the cabin and had some yummy food and then decided to go sledding. The first run I was freaking out and didn't really know how to steer, so I ended up crashing twice, but didn't get too hurt. Then the second run I was feeling a lot more confident. I knew that I could make it down without crashing. I now knew how to use my body to help the sled make a turn and to drag my feet to slow me down. I am cruising down and a couple of times I almost crashed, but I pulled it out and made the turns. My confidence was increasing. I was coming up to the last turn and just when I thought that I was going to make it, I crashed. Now try to imagine this road, it is very slick and what you have to crash into is a very frozen snow bank on the side of the road. My sled hits and abruptly stops which gives me about a foot to fly before also abruptly stopping. I layed there stunned for a minute and then realized that nothing was broken, but my back and neck were killing me and I could tell that my face already had freezer burn. And I realized that my leg was hurting really bad. But I still had to make it the rest of the way down, so I got back on my sled and went very slowly the rest of the way down. I could feel a bruise forming on my leg, and it wasn't until I got home later and looked at it that I realized just how bad it was. I should have taken a picture a couple of days after it happened, but it was very disgusting, so here is a picture taken yesterday (1 week after event). Also, sorry for the fact that you all have to look at my pasty white thigh. Needless to say, I am not planning to go sledding anytime soon.
So if any of you need to write a persuasive paper for a class, feel free to use me, I have plenty of examples! :)
Here are some pictures of the good times from the cabin
.
5 comments:
It's so true! You can't go anywhere with out injuring your self. That bruise looks like it was very painful, I'm glad you are on the mend now :)
P.S. Love the new look of the blog!
ouch. ouch. ouch.
Poor girl. That looks like it hurts. You are so cute!!
You didn't even tell me about this and I am your mother!!! I am so very glad you weren't hurt worse...broken bones, neck, etc.... Also hope you have learned your lesson, daughter of mine...love you!
Oh my. You're braver than I am. I suppose it was fun while it lasted tho. I'm so glad nothing was broken and hope that nasty bruise is all gone by now.
Post a Comment