I often try to tell myself that I really don't mind change. And truthfully, there are some changes that I don't mind. I like getting a new job that is better than the last one, I like moving to a new place or even rearranging a room. I like meeting new people and developing new friendships. What I don't like is change that makes my life more complicated or takes people away. And right now, my life is full of both!
I got accepted to grad school, so starting on September 2 (and every Wednesday after for 3 years) I will not be around or available. Well they are nice enough to give us July and August off each year. I will be in class from 5-10 every night with only a ten minute break in there. And that doesn't include the 45 minute drive each way. And then there is the homework and papers and tests...what am I getting myself into???? But I keep telling myself that in the end it will be worth it. Feel free to remind me of that also if I start complaining to any of you too much! :)
In addition to that, there is just so much going on, family stuff (which isn't all bad, just busy), work, friends, and trying to enjoy my summer which seems to be slipping by too fast. And on top of it all I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends last night. He is headed to Iraq tomorrow. Well actually to Texas first, but then to Iraq. I don't think I even realize what his friendship means to me. We have only been friends for a couple of years, but whenever I have needed to talk to someone, I know that I can always count on him. When I have boy issues, he will always listen and then tell me that the guy is an idiot. :) Which may or may not be true, but still makes me feel good. He gives the best hugs and really great massages. Ok, so now my back is hurting...this is going to be a long year! And he is always able to make me laugh. Thankfully he will most likely have internet access the whole time he is gone, so it isn't like I can't talk to him, but it just won't be the same. And I know that even though I will try not to worry, every time that I hear about a bombing in Iraq I am going to worry. As I was typing the title for this entry, the words to a song popped into my head. *This is a warning for those that don't want to read something cheesy, just move onto your next blog to look at.* The phrase was "I try to keep it simple cause I hate goodbyes". It took me a while to figure out what the song was, but it is "I Will Remember You" by Ryan Cabrera. I have it on my SYTYCD mix from last year. :) As I read through the lyrics, I realized that it describes pretty well how I am feeling right now. The part I will put on here says:
"I try to keep it simple cause I hate goodbyes and I try to keep it simple by telling myself that I, I will remember you and all of the things that we've gone through. There is so much I could say but words get in the way. So if we're not together, I will remember you."
The moral of the story is, I hate goodbyes. So if any of you want to leave, don't even think about it! Or at least don't say goodbye. Of course then I may be really mad at you for a while, but at least I won't start crying!
4 comments:
i too hate goodbyes.
i'd rather just pretend someone isn't leaving than have to actually say goodbye.
so sad:)
congrats on grad school!
ps i miss hanging out with you:)
Congratulations on grad school! We're considering a change of pace right now too since we haven't seemed to be able to find the right house for us...Jake is now looking into trade schools in CA...wow!
Once more, congrats on grad school, and I'll be home soon!
i'd rather just pretend someone isn't leaving than have to actually say goodbye.
so sad:)
congrats on grad school!
___________________
Vince
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems
Post a Comment