Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was a very fun weekend for me!

It all started off with a family dinner on Friday night. My brother and his family were in town so they came come over and we had homemade Cafe Rio! So yummy! We also celebrated Marcus' 5th birthday. I can't believe that he will be 5 in a couple of weeks. I feel so old! ;)


Marcus and Daddy showing how cool they are! And yes, that is Better than Almost Anything Cake (well that is the Betty Crocker name for it)!


He is getting really good at blowing out his candles without spitting all over the cake! :)


Look at the concentration on his face! He is planning his strategy for blowing out the candles.

On Saturday I went fishing with some friends and my little sister. I finally caught my first fish! :) And yes, it really was that cold, don't let the sun deceive you!

Me and my new best friend. Well temporary best friend. We released him back after the picture.


On Sunday, KayLyn and I went for a drive to the Benjamin City cemetary. I found this cemetary many years ago when I was in college and I have always remembered how interesting it was. So we decided to go find it again. It is a pretty small cemetary, but has some neat stuff.

This is a memorial that was created for all those from Benjamin who had served and died fighting for our country.



The Memorial Day display
There were some great old headstones



And finally, this sums up how great my weekend was! I just love this little guy's dimples!

2 comments:

Elder Richey said...

We had so much fun. You make the best food! I just wish poor Owen had been feeling better. Thanks for making Marcus feel so special with the little party. Glad to see fishing with the friends was fun. How are those friends doing anyway?

ann said...

Alecia, you are a wonderful daughter, sister, aunt, and friend! Love you tons!!!!