I guess that it is time to finally update my blog. I keep looking at my last post and I tell myself that "tomorrow" I will update. So just in case anybody is still reading this (and they haven't seen all of this stuff on facebook) here is my life in 2011, so far.
My last post introduced you all to a most wonderful man, in fact, the best man in the whole world! This same man proposed to me on May 7, 2011 and I said yes! :) It was really cute, he decided to do it one night (totally last minute) because his son was with us and wanted to do something fun. So he had his son call me into the bedroom and he and I talked for a little while and then Romeo told us to come out into the living room and when we came out the lights were mostly all turned off and Romeo was kneeling in the middle of the room with the ring. I started crying and kneeled down with him (it was shaking so being closer to the ground seemed like the better option)! Then I started hugging him and kissing him and finally I pulled back enough that he could ask me if I would marry him. The rest is history.
 |
| I loved the ring so much! |
 |
| We also kissed a little bit. :) |
We then had a fun month before he left the country for a little bit (sorry, I can't talk about the details, but refer to last post). We went to St. George with some friends for Memorial Day weekend.
 |
| A few of our mixed couple friends! We love these guys |
 |
| Romeo at Texas Roadhouse |
 |
| A great display at one of the hotels in Vegas |
 |
| My favorite of our engagement pictures |
 |
| I love this picture of us. The place that we took them was so beautiful! |
We then had the wonderful privilege of being married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple on July 22, 2011 by Elder Christofel Golden who is from South Africa and Romeo first met him in Madagascar. My husband was only home on a 3 day leave so we got married, had a 2 day honeymoon and then he left again. It was a wonderful but sad time all at once. Now we are just looking forward to the time that he is home and we can enjoy being a married couple again.
 |
| A beautiful day! |
 |
| We couldn't stop smiling! |
 |
| Us with Elder and Sister Golden |
 |
| I love how classic this picture turned out |
 |
| I love the contrast of our skins together and both of our rings are perfect |
 |
| My new little family! |
Well that is basically my year so far. Oh yeah, and I am almost done with my master's program. Only 8 more months to go! June 7, 2012 cannot come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment