Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weird Al Yankovic

A few days ago my roommate, friend and I got talking about Weird Al Yankovic songs. We ended up spending about an hour or so on the internet and I-tunes listening to some of his songs. It took me back to high school when my volleyball team and I would listen to a few core songs before each game. The two main songs were "Head Over Feet" by Alanis Morrisette and "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio. Well not long after this last song came out, Weird Al did his own version called "Amish Paradise", for those of you who haven't seen it, it is a fantastic video and song. And I just so happened to find the video online, so here you go. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsfVw9xxoNY

5 comments:

Brian Adair Fam said...

That just brought back a flood of memories! Remember when we would go to the weight room at the high school during the summer and workout to No Doubt and Weird Al? Great times, great times!! :0)

alecia said...

Oh, that is hilarious. I had forgotten about that. Those were some good times! Sometime I am going to put together a CD with all the music we used to listen to when we were in sports and stuff, I will make a copy for you. Let me know if you have any requests!

Kayla said...

I'm embarrassed to say...I actually saw him in concert at the Utah State Fair in 2004.

Tran said...

I love Weird Al cause he was so different from the rest. Gees, it makes me feel so old.. Na... Still young at heart. It surely does bring back memories. Great music compared to what they have these days.

ann said...

Thanks for sharing. I remember those songs as well and I am a mother of you youth!