Sunday, April 20, 2008

Apologies

I want to start off by apologizing to anybody who checks my blog, I have been so busy this last month, that is why I haven't updated my blog. But I will try to do better in the future.

So what have I been up to this last month...

Well my nephew, Tyler, turned one on March 23rd. We of course had a fantastic birthday party for him. Poor guy is allergic to all dairy products, so he had to eat a cake that was all dairy free, GROSS!! But he seemed to like it. His favorite food now is soy ice cream bars! If he eats all of his dinner, then he usually gets half of one. I don't like soy, so I am glad that I don't have that allergy.




Here is Tyler with his Elmo cake.

Then last weekend we had a birthday party for my Great-Grandma who turned 90!! She is amazing. It was a surprise, and boy was she surprised. It was so cute to see how happy she was to see so many of her family and friends. She was just so overwhelmed by how many people would come to her birthday party. And it was great to see so many of my family.

My cousin who lives in Colorado has found my husband! I can't remember what his name is, but my aunt, uncle and cousin decided that we are meant to be! :) Or at least they would love for us to be meant to be. He will be coming out here in a couple of weeks, so I am supposed to have a date. I will be sure to report on whether or not it was "love at first sight"!




This is my Great-Grandma with her brother and sister looking at a book that is about the town that they grew up in, and includes a lot of history about their family.

I have also been busy at work. About a week and a half ago, I was told that I needed to help plan a lunch for 100 people, and it needed to be the following week. So I was a little stressed, but it turned out great and everybody said they loved the food, so success!! And we have finals going on right now, so I have been proctoring exams. Which really isn't too bad. And we have the law school graduation coming up this week which I get to help with. It will be fun because my sister-in-law's mom is graduating, so they will be down here. And my cousin is coming down with her kids. I love weekends with my family!

And then the rest of the time has been spent getting ready for my ward activity that we had yesterday. We had a bbq up Hobble Creek Canyon. It was really windy, but thankfully not cold and rainy, like it had been predicted to be at the beginning of the week. We actually had a pretty good turnout and everybody seemed to have fun, which is usually a success. My bishop made dutch oven enchiladas, and one of the counselors made dutch oven potatoes. They were both fantastic!! And I have to say, the hamburgers that my co-chair and I marinated were pretty much amazing. But the real star of the show were these cookies that had a rolo in each one. Oh my, they were to die for! I need to get the recipe, and I will definitely put it on here. I even got in trouble today for taking the last of the cookies, but there were only 4 left and I felt that I was entitled to some sort of compensation for all of my hard work! ;)

Well that is my month in a nutshell! Hopefully all of you are doing well and enjoying Spring, if you are having a spring. We seem to have a very confused weather system. One day it is April, then March, then December. I never know whether to wear capris or my sweater.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow you do sound busy! And as for an all dairy cake being gross I have to disagree. I have a chocolate scratch cake that has no dairy in it and it is my favorite. And its easy to make too. So...don't knock it before you try it ;) It was good to see you the other day, we need to get together more often.

Tammy said...

What a month. I am glad that you got back on here. I love to check in and see how you are doing. So I can't wait to hear about the date, future hubby. COnsidering who is behind the set up there may be a great chance it could work out. Whoever he is he will be one lucky man! You are an amazing person.

Bekah and Lance said...

Busy, busy! Good to hear what's been going on with you. Hope that set up isn't awful, mine always were.

ann said...

Glad to hear from you again. You are an amazing person so don't let this "mate" get away from you!! (if he is OK that is). The food sounds delicious. Say "hello" to Kathryn this weekend. Love you!!!

[Morgan] said...

I'm one of those frequent visitors that you speak of... I accept your apology in hopes that you will update more often?... ha ha ha.
you are great. I haven't forgotten that I owe you lunch for watching ellie. can we go soon?

[Morgan] said...

... i was thinking one of those yummy pizzas with fresh pineapple from CPK...

alecia said...

Morgan- Lunch sounds great! I just barely got on again, sorry about that! I love CPK. I usually only take a half hour lunch, so maybe we could do a Saturday, or I get off at 4 most days, so we could do an early dinner. Whatever works for you! But you really don't owe me, I enjoyed watching her! :)