Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sleepover at Aiya's

It has become a tradition (ok, so only for the last year, but this is the third time) for my nephew, Tyler, to come spend the night at my house for a night during General Conference weekend. He is now 18 months old. The last two times it has been on Saturday night but this time I got him Friday night. It has been fun to see how he changes with each 6 months.
Oh, before I go on I should probably explain who Aiya is. We have always referred to me as "Auntie" with Tyler, and a few months again Tyler started calling my Aiya (pronounced I-ya) so that is what Auntie became. Then after a few times of saying it he stopped, well just this past week he has started saying it again! That was a happy day.
Sooo, I picked him up after I got off work on Friday and we came back to my house and chilled for a bit and watched a little bit of "Cars". Which Tyler loved for about 45 seconds at a time. Then we watched the BYU-Utah State football game. After about the middle of the 3rd quarter, I put Tyler to bed. I won't go into the details of putting him to bed (pretty much I just don't want his parents forbidding me to watch him again!) but after a few tears from both of us, he finally fell asleep in my room. Of course that only lasted until about 3 or 4 in the morning then he refused to sleep unless he was in my bed pretty much taking it over. Then he woke up at 5 am and thought it was time to get up. Thankfully after a bottle he went back to bed and slept for another 2 hours. :)
The next morning, he didn't really want to eat his breakfast, until I went upstairs to get ready then he ate his oatmeal and got it all over himself. But at least he ate. Then I got him and myself ready and we went to gymnastics (next post). Even though it wasn't perfect, it was so much fun and I will definitely do it again in 6 months!

It is always fun to ride in "Aiya's ca"! Especially when Josh Groban is on the radio. :)
"Hello"
What can be more fun than some magnetic trains???
How can you not love this kid?!?!
Tyler trying to show me how he jumps!
When time-out doesn't work.

2 comments:

ann said...

What a big boy Tyler is becoming! Gald you can have some one-on-one time together. Make sure you give him a kiss and hug from grandma...love you both (and Tyler's parents also).

Elder Richey said...

We are so excited to play with this little guy who is not quite so little anymore. I can't wait to see him and Marcus in action.