Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas and Update

Well my Christmas was great. I spent the night at my parents (yes,I went through major withdrawls from the twins and Marcus but at least I had Tyler there). I didn't sleep that well, so I was pretty much awake from 5 on. I started to finally fall back asleep by about 6:30, but by that point I could hear people upstairs. So I decided to get up, but we were going to wait a little while to open presents so I decided to shower (who doesn't want to look at least decent in pictures that will be around forever!). And then we had breakfast and then went and opened our presents. We had Tyler take the presents to everybody and once he realized that he could help to open them, he would hand the present to the person and then turn around and sit in their lap to help them! The only problem with Tyler helping is that he only rips off a little piece of paper at a time. We eventually started distracting him with his presents and opened our own so we could be done before dinner! It was a lot of fun and I got a lot of great things. Thanks everybody!
Tyler and I with his Elmo book that I gave him.
My mom made me this great apron. It has adjustable straps so it actually fits me!
Well the day came a couple of days after Christmas to come home. These next two pictures were taken of me with the 3 nephews who I was leaving.
An S.P. of me and Marcus J.
Eli is on the left and Owen is on the right. Oh, how I miss these little babies!

Well on a completely unrelated note, this weekend my best friend and her three daughters came down to have a slumber party at my house. It was great. We did pedicures and watched a lot of movies. Worked out (of course, who doesn't do that at a slumber party! :)) and ate a lot of good food. And we made some headbands. I bought this really neat headband for way more than it was worth, but I decided that I could figure out how to make my own, so my friend who is amazing taught me how to use my sewing machine and we made some headbands yesterday. I am still perfecting being able to stitch in a straight line and also to be able to stitch evenly! So if I perfect this, then you all might be getting headbands for Christmas and birthdays, let me know what colors you want! :)
My sewing machine and first three headbands!

5 comments:

Kayla said...

I love sewing! I have some really cute apron patterns, so when you get comfortable sewing, you should try that!

That one guy... said...

I want a headband for Christmas!

alecia said...

Kayla-I would love to sew some aprons! I will have to have you help me. I need to get a foot pedal for my sewing machine first. :) Maybe we can have a sewing party.

Jeff-Do you want pink with polka dots?

Elder Richey said...

I'm glad Robin was able to do the headbands with you since we never were able to find time to sew them. They look super cute. The babies miss you, too.

ann said...

I am very proud of your new accomplishments. And thanks for sharing your Christmas pictures. Hope your apron is working out for you as well.