Monday, August 24, 2009

Birthday festivities have begun!!

Let me start off by saying that everybody should have a best friend as wonderful as mine! I will get back to that in a minute.

My birthday is coming up, but this year the celebration is longer than just one day! My mom sent me my birthday present last Friday and it was some material and a pattern to make some aprons. (I am learning to sew.) So all last week was spent sewing aprons.

Then on Saturday the festivities began. I spent pretty much all day with my best friend and her family. We played games, ate good food, and she taught me more about sewing. It was amazing! I spent Saturday night at their house because Sunday was my "birthday", at least to celebrate with them it was.

It started off with breakfast in bed and all the kids sang to me and made me birthday cards. Then I watched the kids so my friend and her husband could go to the temple dedication and the kids and I had our own primary. I must say, they were amazing. I just kind of organized it all, but they were in charge. We had a talk and singing time and a lesson and an activity. I was in charge of treats! :) Then my friend and I went for a drive. It was great to have some uninterrupted time to chat. Then home for more wonderful food. Man does she know how to cook! Then I went to the dedication with their oldest daughter. Then home for more great food. (Do you see a pattern here??) Presents followed along with some party games. We played "Pin the Crown on the Princess", "Penny, penny who has the penny?", and the color game.

Then it was time for cake. Once again amazing. A tradition in their family is for my friends husband to tell the kids' "birth" day story. Well since he obviously wasn't around for mine, he just makes it up. This year I found out that my mother was a dragon who turned into her human form and got impregnated by a human. This is where the story got a little bit tricky. At one point I was in an egg for 2 years before hatching, but at another point I killed my mother in childbirth because I was part dragon (He has read just a few fantasy books in his day!). Regardless, it turns out that my skin glistened when I was born and that is how they knew that I was part dragon. And apparentely, when I experience true loves first kiss, I will turn into my dragon form and be a good dragon who goes and destroys all the bad cities! Who knew??? Their 6 year old daughter asked if it was true. :) I almost can't wait for next year to hear more about my birth.

And now it is time to go back to work and enjoy being 28 for a few hours more! :)

3 comments:

[Morgan] said...

first, happy belated birthday!
second, why don't we hang out anymore?
third, you are awesome.

alecia said...

Morgan-First, thank you! Second, I have no idea but I really want to see you again. It looks like Thursday nights will be my only free nights once school starts next week. How are Thursday nights for you? Third, you are awesome too and you take such wonderful and amazing pictures, so cute!

ann said...

Alecia, I can't wait to see your aprons...glad you enjoyed your birthday feasts! Love you very, very, very much!!!