A couple of summers ago I spent a lot of time with my friend Elizabeth's family. Through this association I met one of the sweetest little boys, Cooper. After the first couple of meetings, he decided that we could be friends and whenever he saw me he would sit on my lap or walk by my or just give me one of his cute smiles. His dimples are so great! We even took to calling him my little boyfriend. Well on Friday he tragically passed away. It really hit me yesterday sitting in church and I just wonder how people make it through these kinds of experiences. I guess it is more that it is a miracle that they make it through. Especially those that don't have the gospel. Thankfully his family does have the gospel and hopefully that will help them through this time, but even then, I can't imagine the pain that comes with losing a child. The only thing that I just keep thinking is that Heavenly Father loves his children and because of that love he has given us the sealing power. So little Cooper is sealed to his family and they will see him again. But it still hurts.
Here is a link to a blog posting about him with a letter written by his oldest sister.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness...I can't even imagine what his family and all of you as freinds are going throuhg. Thank goodness for the gospel knowledge. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!
*hugs for Alecia* You're awesome, and I agree that not only can I not imagine such pain, but I can't even come close to comprehending how to deal w/ such things w/o the gospel. I LOVE the gospel
Oh dear. my heart. It's truly is a miracle that mothers and families can make it through such trials. The miracle of the hope of the gospel. How blessed we all are to have such hope.
PS That Melvin comment is a mean 'ol advertisement.. I got come comments from him too. totally unappreciated.
Alecia, thanks for sharing your thoughts and story of Cooper. We are so very blessed to have the gospel in our lives and to know we have a loving Heavenly Father and our Savior who loves us and cares about us.
Post a Comment