Saturday, February 2, 2008
My New Haircut!!!
Well I have been growing out my hair for a while to donate it to Locks of Love, but I still needed a couple more inches so that it wouldn't be too short. And then a few days ago I heard about Pantene's program to make wigs for Breast Cancer patients, and they only need 8 inches, so today when I decided that I just couldn't take it anymore I went to my friend and she cut it off!! We ended up cutting 9 inches to donate and then about another inch to get it styled. They only accept hair that isn't bleached, so I was actually only able to donate about half of my hair, but with the thickness of my hair, it was still a good size ponytail. It will definitely take me awhile to get used to it, but I really like it. It will be fun to have short hair for a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
I love it! Of course i'm a short hair kind of girl myself. I think it looks great.
LOVE IT!
That is so awesome that you did that. I don't have the patience to grow my hair that long, I cut it too often.
What a beautiful daughter I have! You look great and I am proud of you for doing such a service. KayLyn donated to Locks of Love several years ago and I was proud of her as well. Love you.
Very Cute!!
Sweet Hair Do!! Your blog rocks! You'll have to show us how to do it sometime. Thanks, Alecia, for being such a great example and friend to us all.
Thank you everybody! I am still learning how to do it, I am not very good at roundbrushing, but I am amazing with the staightener, so that is probably how it will be done from now on! :-)
And Robin, I will totally show you how to do a blog, your parents would love it!
looks GREAT!!!
You are amazing... I have been trying to decide whether to cut my hair or not as it is so long right now. I think I will grow it out more so I can donate it too. That's awesome that Patene has something like "Locks for Love". I had no idea. I just hope I have the same patience as you cause it's frustrating me right now.
You can do it Tran! I was just glad that I didn't start getting really sick of it until just this last month or so. And I was trying to be patient, but it was just too much. It is really fun to have them pull it back in a ponytail and cut it off! :-)
I love your hair. It looks great. I am also glad that I finally found your blog address. It will be great checking in with you. Love you cus!
Tammy-Thanks! I am glad that you found me too. I haven't really published by blog, I am still getting the hang of it all. Love you too!
I love it you are so stinkin cute!!!
Alyse-Thanks so much! You are so nice. I was just checking out your blog, I hadn't been on in a while. I can't believe how big Oliver is getting! He is so dang cute. I need to see you guys again. It has been a while.
Alicia! How are you? Lee Ann told me she ran into you a couple years ago. You are brave to cut off all that hair. It's nice it went to a good cause. Check out my blog at angelamjensen.blogspot. Keep in touch!
Angela Nelson-Jensen
Angela-It is so great to hear from you! You have such a cute family. I am glad that you have a blog so we can keep in touch!
Post a Comment